Last week I baked a cake. This was a big cake. A wedding cake. And I had help (thank you Ti, Evan, Laura and Alison). It was 4 tiers (6" 8" 10" 12") of three layers (white, pink, white) with almond swiss meringue buttercream between layers, covered in white fondant with royal icing snowflakes and pearlescent dust). I started making snowflakes on the 7th, baking on Tuesday and it was served on Sunday evening. I have to admit to a small amount of "cheating" as I used cake mixes because 1) it tasted better than homemade, 2) was cheaper, 3) whiter and 4) a bakery would have probably used a mix anyway.
So, keeping in mind that I used mixes (meaning that I didn't have to buy flour and such) I have for you viewing pleasure a list of the supplies purchased:
9 lb. of butter
5 18 ct. eggs
4 12 ct. eggs
3 lbs. powered sugar
10 lbs. regular sugar
16 boxes white cake mix (plus 7 boxes "vanilla" mix on accident)
8 lb. fondant
We still have 5 boxes of cake mix (plus those 7 to take back), 2 lbs. unsalted (yuck) butter, 2 lbs. sugar, and about 36 eggs left over. Anyone want to come over for omelets????
No comments:
Post a Comment